A Simple Introduction to Sun Lakes, Arizona
Sun Lakes AZ, is a Robson-developed active adult retirement community with just under 10,000 homes in five different communities. Here is some information that you might find helpful if you are looking for a home to buy.
This is the first and the oldest of the Sun Lakes communities with 2,139 homes built in the 1970s and is comprised of both single family and manufactured homes. Prices generally range from $100k to the upper $200s. This community has an 18-hole golf course, tennis courts, heated pool and spa, outdoor BBQ area, restaurant with patio bar, clubhouse with many activities, and indoor activities such as billiards and a library.
Part of the Sun Lakes HOA2 Homeowner Association with Palo Verde, Cottonwood homes were built mostly in the 1980s and have 2,736 single family and villa (duplex) homes.
Prices range in the upper $100s to the $300s. Cottonwood has an 18-hole golf course, driving range, swimming pools, tennis and pickle ball courts, club house, restaurant and bar, library, billiards, fitness center, walking paths, and many clubs and organizations to enjoy. Cottonwood homeowners can also use the Palo Verde amenities.
This is the first of the gated communities with 1,073 single family homes built in the 1980s and 1990s. Palo Verde homes range in the upper $200s to the $400s. Amenities include an 18-hole golf course, tennis courts, swimming pool and spa, clubhouse with restaurant and bar, and access to Cottonwood’s amenities.
This is the second of the gated communities and part of the IronOaks Homeowner Association with Oakwood. Ironwood homes were built mostly in the 1990s and have 734 single-family homes.
Amenities include an 18-hole golf course, tennis courts, swimming pools and spa, clubhouse with restaurant and bar, and access to all of the amenities at Oakwood.
This is the last and newest of the gated communities with 3,285 single family and villa style homes. Oakwood amenities include three 9-hole golf courses with 18 holes rotated between courses.
Oakwood also features a Championship tennis facility and pickle ball courts. Enjoy dining at the newly-renovated Stone and Barrel Restaurant and bar overlooking a beautiful lake with stunning sunsets. Other amenities include: a billiards room, library, driving range and putting facility, fitness center, walking paths and many clubs and organizations.
Fun Facts about Sun Lakes, Arizona
- Reasonable HOA fees – $1350.00 to $1950 annually
- When you buy in one community, you have access as a homeowner to the other Sun Lakes communities
- Sun Lakes CC, Cottonwood and Palo Verde are private to homeowners, their guests and other, Sun Lakes homeowners
- Ironwood and Oakwood are open to the public with homeowners receiving preferred reservation times for golf and tennis
- Seasonal homeowners can buy a seasonal pass for golf. They do not have to buy an annual membership
- There are many clubs and organizations to meet others with similar interests. Some of these include: the Sun Lakes Hiking Club, Biking Club, Arts and Crafts, Quilting, Card Clubs, Theater, Senior Softball, and much more!
- Sun Lakes is all about LOCATION! LOCATION! LOCATION!
It’s only a half-hour from Sky Harbor International and Mesa Gateway Regional Airports and three miles from the I-10 and 5 miles from the 101 and the 202. Sun Lakes borders Chandler in the East Valley with many restaurants, shopping, museums, theater, sports, and hiking trails.And, many people ask us how far it is to Scottsdale, Arizona. Hop on the 101, and in about 20 minutes, you are there with more cultural, shopping and restaurant options!
Ready to learn more or set up a home search? Please call us at (480) 440-0849