Buying a home can be stressful enough. But, with the right choice in Realtor much of that stress can be eliminated. It is important to choose a Realtor who knows the market where you are searching for homes. Anyone can have a great website or have great photographs, videos and other tools in their chest and those are important but equally important is someone who knows the community and the market trends.
The KOLB Team
Becky and John Kolb and Kathy Heinemann with Re/Max Infinity are top producing real estate agents in Sun Lakes Arizona and specialize in active adult communities. We live in Sun Lakes year round and work full time in real estate. John is Chair of the Image Committee for the IronOaks HOA. Becky serves on the Master Planning Committee and as a Unit Captain. Kathy serves as Vice-Chair of the Unit Captains and is a Unit Captain for the Unit in which she lives. We know this community and have sold over 15 million in real estate. We know the community and we know the industry.
5 Keys to a good solid offer
- It is important that the Realtor know the market so that they can provide accurate comps to support your offer. If the listing agent overpriced the listing your buyer’s agent should know that and guide you into making the correct initial offer.
- Equally important is that the Realtor know the community – what’s happening in the area that they buyer should be aware of? For example, a portion of Sun Lakes could be impacted if SRP (our power company) chooses a route for new power lines that borders the southern and western perimeter of Sun Lakes. If a home you are interested in lies in that possible path the value of your home may be impacted and your real estate agent should know those things.
- Talk to neighbors – a Realtor is a great source and will provide all the tools for you to conduct your own due diligence but there may be things that they just don’t know. A neighbor will spill their guts and rat their neighbor out if something is going on. So go ahead and knock on a few doors and let people know you are considering moving. You’ll find out a lot that way!
- The entire team – a good Realtor will have a team of professionals that will make the transaction go smoothly. The first is the inspector who will be doing the home and termite inspection followed by any other professionals such as roofing, plumbing and HVAC contractors. The title company is a key player. They will open escrow, run preliminary title reports and provide clear title upon closing. The lender, if financing, is critical as loan documents are required to be at the title office at least three days prior to close of escrow. Failure to do so could result in breach of contract and loss of earnest money.
- Probably the most important key is having a trusting relationship with your Realtor. If you don’t have that you have nothing. If your Realtor knows the community and knows the market they will be able to guide you into making an offer that has a reasonable chance of being accepted. Don’t trust what is probably the most expensive investment you may make to just anyone.
THE KOLB Team is a real estate team that you can trust. Just ask our clients.
As one client said “We hired the BEST – we’ve tried the rest”.
We would love to be your real estate professional and will treat you like part of the family. Call us at 480-440-0849 and let’s get started with your search!