Should you sell your Sun Lakes home now or wait?
Here are 10 Reasons Why Now is the Best Time to Sell Your House…
1. There are motivated buyers in the market that must buy for tax reasons.
2. During the holiday season, there are typically less homes on the market. Less supply means less competition. Less competition means more money in your pocket.
3. Many people have time off during the holidays, which increases their availability to see homes. Buyers that buy during the holiday season tend to be serious buyers.
4. Buying is an emotional purchase, and emotions tend to run high during the holidays. Strategically, having the opportunity to work off of a buyer’s emotion is in your favor.
5. The holiday season reminds many people of family. The home is the foundation of the family unit. More people become motivated to buy during the holidays than other times of the year.
6. The interest rates are incredibly low, which allows a buyer flexibility when choosing to use cash or finance a portion of the home.
7. Many sellers wait and list after the first of the year, which causes a lot of new inventory in January. The longer you wait, the more competition you create for yourself. You can expect a lot of new inventory in January and the first quarter of 2018. As supply increases, your likelihood of getting an offer at an acceptable price decreases.
8. Since most people do not want to move during the holidays, you can secure a contract now while your selling opportunity is high and arrange for a delayed closing or lease-back with the buyer.
9. Companies typically bring new talent in starting at the beginning of the year. These new hires, with our high tech Price Corridor Road nearby, qualify to live in our area, and they are looking at property before the end of the year. You must be on the market to take advantage of these buyers.
10. Selling now can give you more buying power later. By selling your home now, you can buy after January when the market inventory is higher, and you will be a non-contingent buyer. This gives you more negotiation power!
Thinking of selling and just want an estimate of your home’s value?