If you have been driving around Sun Lakes recently, you have probably noticed that there are a lot of roof replacements happening. Some of that is a result of roofing companies “working a block”, which is offering better pricing if multiple homeowners get their roofs done at the same time. But some is due to a genuine need as roofs age.
Tile roofs have been used for thousands of years and have been perfected over time. In Arizona, tiles are an ideal roofing material because they can withstand our intense heat and harsh sun.
They're also great for insulation, which is important in a place where air conditioning is necessary for most of the year. Tile roofs can last for over 50 years with proper maintenance.
While tile roofs are very durable, they do require some upkeep and care. Here are a few tips to keep your tile roof in good shape:
- Inspect your roof regularly for cracked or broken tiles. Replace any damaged tiles as soon as possible to prevent leaks.
- Keep your roof clean. Dirt, debris, and bird feces can accumulate on your roof and cause damage over time. Use a broom or leaf blower to remove these from your roof, especially in the valleys where damming can occur during heavy rains, which forces the water up under the tiles.
- Trim trees near your roof. Overhanging branches can scratch and damage your roof tiles, but keeping trees trimmed back helps prevent this from happening.
- Hire a professional for maintenance and repairs. While you can do some basic maintenance yourself, it's always best to hire a professional for more complex tile roof upkeep and fixes.
The importance of tile maintenance is integral, as the tiles are your first line of defense from the elements. The second line of defense is the underlayment. The lifespan of the underlayment on a tile roof can vary depending on factors such as the quality of the material, installation, climate, and maintenance. Generally, a properly installed and maintained underlayment can last anywhere from 15 to 25 years. However, it is recommended to have a professional roofer inspect the underlayment during regular maintenance checks to ensure it is still in good condition and replace it if necessary. In order to get the most life out of your underlayment, make sure you minimize its exposure to UV light. In other words, maintain the tiles that protect the underlayment to maximize its life.
The Kolb Team
Vendor of the Month
At Dignity Memorial, we strive to get every detail right the first time every time – That’s why we offer every family we serve a 100% service guarantee. Should any detail of our service not meet the expectations as promised in our agreement, we’ll do everything we can to make it right, up to refunding that portion of the service.
What is Escrow? Escrow is a legal arrangement in which a third party (title company) temporarily holds money or property until a particular condition has been met (such as the fulfillment of a purchase agreement).
In real estate, escrow is typically used for two reasons:
- To protect the buyer’s good faith deposit so the money goes to the right party according to the conditions of the sale
- To hold a homeowner’s funds for property taxes and homeowners’ insurance
Because of the different purposes served, there are two types of escrow accounts. One is used during the home buying process, while the other is used throughout the life of your loan.
Pet of the Month
Meet this month’s Pet of the Month
Congratulations to Brady for being April’s Pet of the Month. You finally made the Newsletter! Tell your mom to watch her inbox for your Chewy gift card!
“Here's Brady, smiling as usual. Possibly for your newsletter’s Pet of the Month? Thanks for the good info and updates in your monthly newsletter!”
If you would like your pet to be featured in our Pet of The Month and win a Chewy gift card for your sweet family member, send a picture to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why your furbaby makes you happy. We look forward to seeing all of your awesome pet pics!
- 1 can artichoke hearts
- 1 C parmesan cheese
- 1 C mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp minced onion
Blend all ingredients together and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
Our Spring Shred event was a huge success - We had almost 200 cars come through! A big thank you to Fidelity National Title, The Arizona Rangers, and Jeremy from Universal Shredding. Also, a big thanks to our wonderful community for all of your food and monetary donations for our friends at Jacob’s Mission.
Here is what people are saying:
“Fantastic service project for our community. I know it’s hard work. Thanks for your leadership. Shredded documents help keep our residents safer from the bad guys! We’ll done Kolb Team!” M Clausen
“Congratulations on a successful event! Very proud of you and what the entire Kolb Team does for IronOaks.” J. Reyhons
“Thank you for doing this event. I know the community loves shredding their documents and it’s so great to collect all of that food for Jacob’s Mission.” M.Renahan
10 Arizona Fun Facts! How Many Of These Did You Know?
- In 1866, Phoenix originated as a hay camp to supply military post Camp McDowell.
- Cesar Chavez, famous labor leader and activist, was born in Yuma.
- Arizona has 3,928 mountain peaks and summits, and more mountains than any one of the other “Mountain States” (Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah, and Wyoming).
Goldfield Ghost Town
- Arizona has 26 peaks that are more than 10,000 feet in elevation.
- Yuma is the country's highest producer of winter vegetables (especially lettuce).
- The Five C's of Arizona's economy are: Cattle, Copper, Citrus, Cotton, and Climate.
- Arizona mines more copper than all the other states in America combined. The Morenci Mine (located near Morenci, AZ) is the largest copper producer in all of North America.
- Two of the Golden Age of Hollywood’s most beloved and well-known movie stars, Clark Gable and Carole Lombard, were married in Kingman on March 18, 1939.
- Bisbee, known as “Queen of the Copper Mines”, got the nickname because during the peak of mining there, it produced nearly 25% of the world's copper. It was also the largest city in the Southwest between San Francisco to the west and Saint Louis to the east.
- The largest privately-owned ostrich ranch on the planet when excluding South Africa is Rooster Cogburn Ostrich Ranch in Picacho.
So, how did you do? Arizona has a rich history within our borders and also plays several important roles for the entire United States. In future newsletters, we’ll share more Arizona trivia and dig deeper into some of the fascinating facts!
See What Our Clients Are Saying!
“We would recommend The Kolb Team to anyone who values a no-nonsense, trustworthy and client focused resource.”
Michelle & Justin
- Phoenix, AZ
Searching for That Perfect Home?
When looking at pictures online, it can be tricky to figure out the layout of a home. We can help you with that! On our website, you can access the most popular floor plans in Sun Lakes, AZ. Just click the button below!
Buyers of the Month
We have buyers who are ready, willing, and able to purchase and can’t find homes. If you or someone you know is thinking of selling and can accommodate, get in touch with us.
We have your buyer!
- Buyer looking in Oakwood for 2-bedroom 2-bath in the $450,000 range.
- Several buyers looking for golf course lot with water views.
- Oregon buyers looking for a 2-bedroom 2-bath plus den Villa.
- California buyers looking for a 3-bedroom 2-full bath plus den and 2.5 or 3-car garage.
Recent Real Estate Sales in Sun Lakes
Wondering about your Neighbor’s Home Sales Price? Find out here to see what sold last month. The report is broken down by HOA, address, and floor plan (if the agent listed the model in MLS).
We Are Committed to Helping End Polio Now!
Would You Like a Free Buyer Guide or a Seller Guide?
Get Insider Information
We live, work, play, and volunteer in Sun Lakes and we know the ins and outs of this community.
As always, if you or someone you know is considering buying or selling a home,
we are here year-round and would love to help! Visit us online at
TheKolbTeam.com or call 480-809-5759.