What are the top 5 Arizona Retirement Communities? With so many in Arizona, it is hard to select and we can give you inside tips to find the one that best suits your lifestyle. Buying a home in a 55+ community is buying a lifestyle. An active adult lifestyle keeps you young and you will have fun meeting new people and enjoying the activities.
Resort Amenities Abound
Most Arizona retirement communities feature everything you would want for the active adult lifestyle. With that in mind, you will enjoy golf, tennis, pickle ball, fitness center, restaurants, bar and a clubhouse. And, literally hundreds of clubs are available such as cards, hiking and biking. When you buy a home in one of the top 5 Arizona retirement communities, you are sure to find great friends and plenty of things to keep you busy.
Here you go – the Top 5 Arizona Retirement Communities
- Sun City, Arizona is the first of Arizona’s retirement communities. Sprawling throughout the northwest Valley, this community is in the center of shopping, medical facilities, restaurants and so much more. You will find homes in all price ranges and sizes. People love taking their golf cart to the fitness center or to the clubhouse for dinner. Take in a concert or a game of pickle ball. Take a relaxing or a vigorous walk through the neighborhoods. The popularity of Arizona 55+ communities grew and now you will find sister communities Sun City Grand and Sun City Festival.
- Sun Lakes, Arizona is located about 60 miles southeast of Sun City bordering Chandler and is 5 separate communities. Sun Lakes Country Club was the first to be built in the 1970’s. And then Cottonwood Country Club, Palo Verde Country Club, Ironwood and Oakwood Country Clubs. Each community has its own golf course and tennis courts as well as clubhouse and rich resort amenities. Sun Lakes is known for its great location near major freeways and airports. And that means convenience when you travel around the valley.
- Pebble Creek is in the west valley city of Buckeye and is one of the newer Robson communities. You can still find new builds in Pebble Creek as well as resale homes. World class amenities are featured with a concert hall, theater and golf courses.
- Solera Chandler – Solera is a smaller Dell Webb community in Chandler. Solera does have a golf course, but it is public and notowned by the homeowner association. Enjoy a pool, clubhouse, fitness center and gorgeous views of the San Tan Mountains.
- Trilogy – This Shea home development is located in Gilbert and offers a golf course, tennis courts, clubhouse with restaurant and many other activities for a great active adult lifestyle.